Wednesday 2 November 2011

Jareth Pendant

For Halloween this year, I went as Jareth, The Goblin King from Labyrinth. Because who doesn't love David Bowie dancing around with Jim Henson puppets?

Anyway, I went a-hunting and found this picture of the pendant he wears. It's gold on silver until the final scene of the movie, when it switches to silver on gold to reflect the change in dominance in the labyrinth.




Hot.


I also found this picture of one a fan had made. I must admit, I wasn't nuts about it because it wasn't quite right, but it ended up being easier to use this one as a reference than the original.



I bought myself some air dry clay and went to work, this is what became to gold medallion type thing with the infinity symbol.


And this is my way too thick pendant, but I didn't want it to be brittle. If I ever do this again, there is no way I'm making it this heavy. Ever.


And this is the finished product, all painted and glued together! This picture is a little dark, but I liked the look. I got a lot of compliments on this pendant when I wore it to work, and I'm quite proud of it!

-Sylvan

No comments:

Post a Comment